Living and Working in Ukraine Blog

I live in Kherson Ukraine with my wife Anna and my stepdaughter Sveta. This blog chronicles my life, love and learning with my family, friends and work in the country I now call home. I work with various Ukrainians, foreigners, Ukrainian businesses and foreign businesses to help them succeed in Ukraine.


Caravela Ukraine Services Page

Visit this page to see a listing of our translation, language courses and consulting services.

Traditional Ukrainian Images on Fish Part 2

We spoke of  our work with Oksana Osnach and Andrey Lopushinsky in an earlier post.  They have resurrected a traditional Chumak artform, images on fish.  Here is a video from a local television station in Kherson who covered their activities in a news report.  For those who do not speak Russian/Ukrainian you can click on the Closed Caption icon at the bottom of the video and then click on the Setting Icon (gear), click on Subtitles, Automatic Translation, and then select the language you would like to see.  It is not a prefect translation but it will give you a general idea of who Oksana and Andrey are and how they decided to do this traditional art.  Contact Oksana Osnach by private message on Facebook @oks.osn for more information or to place an order. Pieces can be shipped anywhere in Ukraine.